How We Gather Information and Technologies We Use
At AlotHelp you can visit many pages on our site without physically taking any steps to provide information. Like most Web sites, we do collect information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. This section provides information about the information we collect and how the technologies we utilize work.
Information we gather using technology.
- Device Information. We collect information regarding the Internet browser, computer, tablet, mobile phone, smartphone or other device utilized to access AlotHelp to ensure that AlotHelp is optimized for those devices.
- Internet Protocol Addresses. Internet browsers automatically transmit information such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version of your computer. This information is utilized to optimize AlotHelp.
- Location Information. On some of our mobile applications we may (or may enable a third party to) request your geolocation information. If allowed, we (or the third party) may use this information to supply you with location specific advertisements, offers and functionality. Additionally, we may (or may enable a third party to) capture geolocation information (such as IP address data) when you access AlotHelp, and may use that geo-location information to targets ads, offers and functionality.
- Analytics. We use third party information, reports and analysis about the usage and browsing patterns of users of AlotHelp. We allow the third party analytics companies to include web beacons and cookies on AlotHelp. The collected information includes search terms, search parameters, click-throughs by users, and other similar information. We utilize this information to improve AlotHelp and make sure we are delivering relevant content to our users. The Analytics we use do not identify individual users of AlotHelp.
- Log Files. We may also automatically log certain anonymous information about visitors to AlotHelp, including, but not limited to, where the user came from to visit our site, IP address, search terms utilized, browser type and a reading history of the pages viewed.
- Web Beacons. We (or our third party partners) may use web beacons. Web beacons communicate information from your Internet browser to a web server. We (or our third party partners) use web beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of AlotHelp and in conjunction with cookies to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
- Other. As new technologies develop we may implement and/or test them on AlotHelp. We only utilize technologies as permitted by law.?
Information we gather because you gave it to us.
In order for us to provide some of our services we collect information, including personally identifiable information, when you:
- Register. If you register for our forums or other services we ask you to provide information which may include items such as name, address, birthdate, gender, and password.
- Sign up for Newsletters. We offer newsletters to our users and from time to time we allow third party partners to include advertising materials in the newsletters. Additionally, we may send dedicated newsletters on behalf of our third party partners. All of our newsletters contain a readily identifiable and simple means to opt out of receiving them in the future.
- Post in Comments, Discussion Forums, Reviews and Similar Places. Our services include public facing comments, discussion forums, reviews and other similar places where you can submit items to be posted which will be visible to the public at large. All information posted in such manner may be used by us for commercial uses in any format. All information submitted is not confidential or private and it may be collected and utilized by unaffiliated third parties. You are solely responsible for the information you choose to disclose in your public activities.
- Participate in Giveaways, Sweepstakes and Other Promotions. We sponsor giveaways, sweepstakes and other promotions. If you chose to participate in our giveaways, sweepstakes or promotions, your personally identifiable information may be collected, including your name and e-mail address.
What we do with the information we collect
We will use your information only as permitted by law. We use the information we collect to: optimize AlotHelp, including ensuring that the site is accessible to your device; ensure the site is available in the appropriate language; customize the advertising and content available to you; improve our product offerings and services; optimize our marketing campaigns; conduct research; supply our third party partners with aggregate and/or anonymous information to help them enhance their own products, data, or analytics; and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients. We also utilize the information we collect to deliver the services you request, such as delivering newsletters, enabling participation in forums, comments, discussions, sweepstakes, and similar matters.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary to give such information to law enforcement authorities. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements
AlotHelp expects its partners, advertisers and third-party affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. However, third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to our site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on AlotHelp page, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through AlotHelp you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. AlotHelp is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
AlotHelp sites use Inuvo, Inc. and third-party advertising companies to serve or deliver ads when you visit our websites. These companies may use non-personal information related to your visit in an effort to provide advertisements that may be of interest to you. To learn more about third-party advertising, interest based advertising, or to opt-out of such advertising, you can visit both the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. If you would like to opt-out of Inuvo Interest Based Advertising, please click on this link and click on the “Opt out” button at the bottom of the page in the footer. Upon clicking “Opt out,” Inuvo will place an opt-out cookie on your browser. The opt-out cookie means you will not be retargeted by ads served through Inuvo’s Advertising Technology Platform. If you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer, mobile device or Internet browser, you may need to renew this opt-out choice. However, if you do choose to opt-in, Inuvo will delete the opt-out cookie and you may again be retargeted with relevant advertisement based on your visits to websites of our advertising clients.
In addition to the above, we have implemented at AlotHelp certain "Google Analytics" features that support display advertising, including re-targeting. Visitors to AlotHelp may opt out of Google Analytics, customize the Google Display Network ads by using the Google Ad Preferences Manager and learn more about how Google serves ads by viewing its Customer Ads Help Center. If you do not wish to participate in Google Analytics, you may also download the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Communication with Contributors
AlotHelp does not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under thirteen (13) years of age. AlotHelp encourages parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Compliance with legal process
We may disclose information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process; (2) protect and defend our rights and property; (3) protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our websites; or (4) protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public.
Users from outside the United States
Information from Users Outside of the United States
Visitors to AlotHelp from outside the United States will have their data transferred to and stored in our servers in the U.S. By using AlotHelp, international users are consenting to our use and collection of their data as described herein.
Contacting the site
Last updated: November 16, 2017